Behind window 13: Juggling
I have never got much beyond the classic 3 ball cascade myself, but I find the disengaged concentration of keeping balls rhythmically moving through the air most relaxing/meditative/Zen.
Some things I find it fascinating about juggling:
- It has such a long history [depicted in Pharaoh’s tombs].
- Almost any object [or mixture of] can be juggled.
- The beauty of juggling pattern notation.
- Some ‘high number object’ patterns were only recently proved possible.
- It is amazing the complexity to be had with only 3 balls.